marți, 28 ianuarie 2014

MEET IN DIVERSITY

MEET IN DIVERSITY
 Before leaving  Donja Stubai I didn't know , to my shame , anything  about Croatia . Preparation , agitation, flight booking , luggages , lists, presentation folders. A few days before departure I got in touch with those who were coming from other countries. I manage to agree with those who came from Cyprus and Bulgaria and to meet them at the airport in Zagreb. I got to Croatia by plane Lufhansa from Turin to Munich , where I had to exchange for Zagreb. Near the gate I saw a group of three young people were sitting on benches ravaged airport . They were tired, but smiling . I recognize Andreas  because  he sent me a photo by email before leaving the airport . " Olimpia , how are you ? " - Andreas recognized me ." It's good to meet you here , and not in Zagreb " - I told myself silently , moving me to the group of Andreas , Maria and Natalia . There were two hours to take off, so I sit near to youngsters and start talking . Poor of them, had gone in the evening from Nicosia and they arrived at midnight in Munich . They stood the night in the airport till in the morning at 11 when had a flight to Zagreb."Hello , are you the group for the Seminary ? " ethereal voice is heard behind me. I turned back and I saw a girl from Bulgaria, Ati, young, tall, with an enviable figure and a charming smile . "The pasangers for Zagreb 's wait to the gate number ..." - I heared the voice of the airport employees microphone. We queued for boarding and after a few minutes I was on the plane. Ati was a little scared because it was the first airplane flight. I took her by my side to not feel alone and to give some security.We arived at Zagreb. I hadn't  seee in my life so that publicans killer figures from the airport . Their eyes gaze at you and make you massive physique shivers down my spine . Poor Mary, they didn't   let her go because she had no passport and only identity card . After discussions for an  hour where we all tried to persuade publicans we need to get to the seminar and that Mary was she in our group happy out of the airport. Andreas finds a Croatian driver who treats price . We had to travel 80 km to the Donja Stubica and I think we got down to the end of the seminar. Using the hands and  the signs, especially words, fall to peace 80 euros and we go. We count every cat hat comes, we accepted.The driver did not know English, but he understood where we wanted to go. We were   lucky wirth Ati because she knew speaking Bulgarian and a bit of Russian languages.That was important purpose. On the way, we was getting hungry. Cute food driver stops in front of a village and we rush to buy something . Wed I was thirsty, so I bought two bottles of mineral water, two bananas, chocolate and cheese box. Fortunately, we got in the car and left us "meet in diversity" with other participants in the seminar.Donja Stubica is a village with a few houses and a dream hotel . We paid the taxi and head to the reception. To socialize better, we had shared the room by organizers . I got a Croat, not yet reached . Others that had come and they were with others from other countries. We're each in our rooms to take a shower , unpack and eat something.While arranging my things in the furniture arrived a  lady, closed to my age . "

 " Hello, I'm Kristina , from Croatia" - she told me with a smile and headed to bed remained free . She put her luggage and we start talking . I explained that I'm not Italian , I'm Romanian, but  I'm resident in Italy , which I represent at the seminar. After I chatted a few minutes , she gets a shower ( meanwhile I ate some cheese triangles and drank half a liter of water) and then we got down to reception where we met other participants in the seminar.We began to make acquaintance. Stupor, I'm stuck. They were youngsters from Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Netherlands, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey, England, Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Switzerland, Greece. "All together, butis too much," I said in my mind. See how the war will begin. "Meeting in diversity?" - Hm, I hope I can return safely to Italy..

I never ever imagined knowing the situation of conflict in these countries of the former Yugoslavia found that young people can understand so well. For them there was no conflict, no divergence, only friendship, cooperation and friendship. Moreover, they became friends with others, and when I wanted to participate in group work they took me with them.I had the opportunity to meet Julian, he came from Cyprus and his mother is Romanian and father Cypriot . If you have heard him with how much proude he talked about his maternal grandparents from Romania and about the drink wich burn the throat , it called brandy (TUICA).The seminar gave me more information about European program "Youth in action " and more. I met young people with enthusiasm , imagination. I lbecame more rich than I came.

The last day was the birthday of Sandra from Croatia. Kristina , my roommate , was " guilty " of surprise as we did to Sandra . She ordered a huge tort , and when Sandra entered in the restaurant at lunch we started to sing all "Happy Birthday" . Sandra did not expect a such extreme surprise and we saw happiness on her face. Youth who had never seen , but in a few days were able to make a girl happy that no one knows if they will ever meet , is the signal that there is still hope in  this world. Is not this a sign of unconditional love ? I can say, yes.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu